My poem “Un Jardín en Tolima” is in Mid-American Review’s 35th Anniversary Issue!
• You can now read about my residency experiences this past summer on the Letras Latinas Blog. Many thanks to Francisco Aragón and Letras Latinas for this incredible opportunity.
• On September 25, 2014, I had the privilege to participate in a panel reading and discussion with Robert Pinsky, Karl Kirchwey, Dan Chiasson, and Ha Jin at Barnes & Noble at BU! It was so much fun. You may read about it here.
• July 29, 2014, I’ll be reading at the Meet the Artists’ event in the historical barn of the Anderson Center in Red Wing, MN together with music, readings, and art presentations by my talented fellow residents. Please see here for more information.
• There’s an article about me in Minnesota’s Red Wing Republican Eagle! Many thanks to Ruth Nerhaugen for the interview.
• I’ll be reading at the Anderson Center’s 15th Annual Summer Celebration of the Arts in Red Wing, MN, July 12, 2:00 pm. Other readers: David Steingass at 2:30 pm and Alixa Doom at 3:00 pm.
• My poems “Knitting” and “Elena” will appear in the next issue of Nashville Review! I’ll post a link to them here when they’re available.
• My poems “Black-eyed Susans,” “Recuerdos del Tolima,” and “Paso Doble a la Muerte” will appear in the upcoming issue of Jelly Bucket!
• I’m grateful and honored to have been awarded the Adrienne Reiner Hochstadt Fellowship. Thanks to this generous award, I will be doing a residency at Ragdale this summer. Ragdale is a beautiful non-profit artists’ community on architect Howard Van Doren Shaw’s country estate.
• I’m excited and honored to announce that I have been selected to be the 2014 John K. Walsh Residency Fellow by Letras Latinas, the literary initiative of the University of Notre Dame’s Institute for Latino Studies (ILS), in conjunction with The Anderson Center, in Red Wing, MN. You may read about the fellowship here.
• My poem “Lemons and Peppers” was accepted for publication by Crack the Spine! http://issuu.com/crackthespine/docs/issue_69
• Writers at the Black Box — June 25th, 7:30 p.m. at the Boston Playwrights’ Theater (949 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA). Readers: Luisa Caycedo-Kimura, Tara Skurtu, Ying-Ju Lai, Nell Stevens, and Laura Marris
• My poem “Cartagena Sunrise — April 2009” will appear in a special edition of San Pedro River Review coming Summer 2013.